ADVICE AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Satruday and Sunday
- Prefer the shutteles
- If you come in ST HILAIRE with car, prefer the road by St Nazaire les Eymes (Grenoble side) : more car park available
- if you come in ST HILAIRE by Le Touvet (Chambéry side), come before 9:30am. the car park "Les Dioux" will be close at 10:00am
- In all cases, come before 10am ! the show start early !
ACCESS BY CAR TO ST HILAIRE
SATURDAY and SUNDAY, from 10:00am to 6:00pm, the road will be closed in the crossing of St Hilaire, between the roundabout near the garage (North side) and the football place/camping site (South side).
ACCESS TO ST HILAIRE FROM CHAMBERY - ST BERNARD (North side)
A one-way system will be implemented to get to Saint Hilaire du Touvet, on Saturday 22th and Sunday 23th September :
- Upwards towards Saint Hilaire du Touvet via the RD29 from Le Touvet
- Downwards via the RD30 to La Terrasse
ACCESS FROM GRENOBLE - ST PANCRASSE (South side)
The RD30 from Grenoble (via St Nazaire les Eymes and St Pancrasse) will remain open in both directions.
Free car-parks availables in St Hilaire, Crolles, Lumbin et la Terrasse.
CAR-PARK IN THE VALLEY
7 parking areas (free of charge) at your disposal, close to the Coupe Icare shuttle bus stops, for you to easily reach the festivities:
- Crolles : Pré de l'Horme (85 parking spaces)
- Crolles : Gymnasium Guy Bolès (80 parking spaces)
- Crolles : Paul Jargot (160 parking spaces)
- Lumbin : stadium (200 parking spaces)
- Lumbin : Buissonnay -reserved for car-sharing of 4 people minimum
- La Terrasse : crossing RD 1090 (300 parking spaces)
- La Terrasse : near the lake (250 parking spaces)
And a parking for motorbikes in Lumbin : chemin Pré Guillerme
CAR-PARK IN ST HILAIRE
5 free car-park :
- P1 : parking de l'étang , near the football place
- P2 : near the campsite
- P3 : in Les Dioux
- P5 : near the ski station
- P4 : only for 4x4, near the ski station
and 2 parkings for motorbikes : near communal garages and near the nursery "3 Quenottes"
Recommendations about Les Dioux :
- A St Hilaire, access to the parking-camping zone of « des Dioux », near the South Launch, will be closed on Friday as of 20:00 (8 pm) and will reopen on Saturday and Sunday between 8:30am and 10:00 am.
- This area is reserved for pilots in need of tranquillity. It is under surveillance every night in order to insure peace and quiet.
Saturday and Sunday : if you want access to the nearest car parks of the Mascarade Flights, it's recommended to arrive before 9:45am
In Lumbin, parking is only allowed at the special parking area in Montfort (in Crolles), near the station of the Funicular
In Saint-Hilaire, camping-cars may only park
- at the car park of the ski resort (reserved to bug camping-cars)
- and the car park above the pond (near the football ground).
- Camping cars : Remember to bring your chains (they can be very useful if there is heavy rain and you are parked on the grass)!
- Consider using the Camp site at La Terrasse lake! There are direct shuttles on Saturday and Sunday to both the landing and take-off areas.
Parks in St Hilaire
Download the map of car parks in St Hilaire
Parks in Lumbin
Download the map of car parks in Lumbin